HQ Clarifying Serum is a fast-acting dark spot treatment, formulated with 2% hydroquinone, pycnogenol, retinol, ascorbic acid, and AHA’s to reduce pigmentation and even out skin tone and texture. It deeply penetrates and exfoliates the outermost layers of the skin, yet provides anti-aging benefits to reveal visibly younger-looking skin.
- Hydroquinone 2%
- Treats hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Encourages collagen production and provides skin brightening and lightening properties
- Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation
- Potent corrector that diminishes discoloration, dark spots and age spots
- Clarifies and brightens skin tone and texture
- Hydroquinone: Works on a molecular level to inhibit the production of tyrosinase, the enzyme commonly known for producing melanin. It acts as a skin lightening agent by pushing the melanin to the skins’ surface, and reducing dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.
- Pycnogenol: A plant-derived antioxidant that prevents melanogenesis and selectively binds collagen and elastin to protect from degradation, which allows for improved hydration and elasticity. It scavenges for free radicals to help reduce oxidative stress and UV damage.
- Retinol: A derivative of vitamin A that provides anti-aging and skin brightening benefits by unclogging pores and enhancing the effects of skin care actives by removing dead skin cells and increasing absorption.
- Ascorbic Acid: A powerful antioxidant which uses a micro-delivery system to encourage collagen production, reverse sun damage, as well as lighten age spots and discoloration to reveal a brighter and more even skin tone. It also helps to refine pore size and rebuild collagen and elastin for firmer, younger looking skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA): A blend of natural alpha hydroxy acids, specifically glycolic acid and lactic acid, that work synergistically to accelerate the cell renewal process and exfoliate dead surface cells and debris. Due to their water-soluble properties, AHA’s have an added benefit of binding moisture to not only minimize fine lines and wrinkles, but also to provide a more smooth, brighter, youthful appearance.
Adults:Apply once daily prior to bed onto cleansed skin to the affected area or as directed by a physician. Not recommended for use on children under the age of 12 years old. For children under age 12: Ask a physician before use.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Mild temporary tingling may occur. If tingling persists or irritation develops, discontinue use and contact your physician. Keep out of reach of children.
Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Arbutin, Arginine, Ascorbic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carrageenan, Citric Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol, Purified Water, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, BHA, BHT, SD Alcohol 40-B, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Tartaric Acid, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum
- Sku HQC-S-1