Best Over-the-Counter Numbing Cream
Numbing creams are topical solutions that temporarily numb the surface of the skin. The skin surface is composed of 2 top layers - the epidermis and the dermis. It absorbs past the epidermis and targets the embedded pain receptors in the dermis to restrict sending pain signals to the brain. This results in a temporary feeling of numbness in the applied area and can assist in reducing pain or discomfort caused by medical procedures or surgery¹.
Numb Master is specially formulated with 5% Liposomal Lidocaine, which allows for deeper penetration into the skin. It also contains natural soothing ingredients such as aloe, vitamin E, and lecithin to help moisturize the skin. This lightweight, water-based formula allows for an easier application and removal process. Unlike oil-based formulas, Numb Master does not leave a greasy or sticky residue on the skin.
Numb Master is a one-of-a-kind topical anesthetic, enhanced with Liposomal Technology. This proprietary breakthrough technology allows for the most effective penetration of the formula into the skin². With the help of Liposomal Technology, Numb Master becomes a more effective anesthetic, allowing the numbing effect to take place faster and with greater effect than traditional numbing creams.
Liposomal technology is effective due to the liposomal encapsulation that involves the use of lipid bilayers to rapidly deliver lidocaine into the dermis of the skin. The liposomes’ outer shell imitates cell membranes, allowing the liposomes to fuse with certain cells upon contact and deliver the liposome content to the cell³. These liposomes have been utilized to extend the action of topical medications.
This results in a higher absorption rate as the product is rapidly absorbed through the skin within as little as 15-20 minutes and can be sustained for up to one hour after application. Studies have shown that liposomal lidocaine/technology has a longer duration than traditional lidocaine or topical anesthetics⁴.
- Cleanse hands and treatment area with soap and warm water.
- Put on gloves.
- Apply a medium to thick, even layer onto the treatment area with an applicator.
- Wait 15-20 minutes for the peak numbing effect.
- Wipe away the residue.
- Begin procedure.
Stop use and ask a doctor if the symptom being treated does not subside or redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms develop or increase.
Do not use this product or other topical numbing creams if:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
- In case of accidental overdose, consult a doctor or Poison Control Center.
- Numb Master tamper-evident “Do not use this product...Seal…” label atop the container is broken.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical attention immediately. Children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor.
- Perform a patch or skin sensitivity test before use to see if reactions occur.
- Do not apply on broken skin.
- Repeating application after 15 minutes may result in enhanced numbing.